Yep – you read right! You can make some amazing cookies with black beans!
Black Bean Chocolate Cookies have been a staple for Low Carb dieters and fitness lovers. Now the idea of using black beans in a variety of cookie and dessert recipes is hitting the mainstream. The great thing about this recipe is that it is loaded with protein and you can easily subsitute low fat milk and a sugar substitute that works with baked goods. In fact – skip the regular oil and use coconut or even olive oil!
So next time you want to whip up a batch of cookies you may want to give that can of black beans in the pantry a look!
Black Bean Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 black beans, rinsed and drained, (5 1/2 ounce can)
- 2 tablespoons oil, (can even use coconut, olive)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavor
- 2 tablespoons low fat milk
- 1/2 cup sugar or equivilant of sugar subsitute
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, or your choice of flavored chips
- Start of by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Next, drain the beans and whip out your food processor! Add in all the ingredients except the chocolate chips and fire that thing up until everything is nice and smooth.
- Don’t blend – use a spoon and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon 16 equal portions of batter on the cookie sheets.
- Use the spoon to flatten the cookies into a nice round cookie shape
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, allow to rest for 5 minutes and move to a wire rack to cool! Dash with powdered sugar if desired.