Chocolate and Chattanooga Whiskey!
Here is a great twist on a classic holiday season party food recipe. Sure, everyone has heard of powder sugar coated rum balls or bourbon balls. Why not try the recipe using Chattanooga Whiskey with a coating of white or dark chocolate?
Like the powder sugar coated version of my Chattanooga Whiskey Holiday Balls this recipe is almost too easy. The main twist, besides using Chattanooga Whiskey, instead of your normal bourbon / whiskey is the fact that Ally and I used chopped almonds for this recipe. You can use your choice of nuts. Pick them and place them in a zip close bag and bang them with a spoon! Or place them in a grinder. The message is... Grab some nuts of your choice and break them up into tiny pieces. We just happened to have a ton of unsalted almonds in the pantry.
As always you can tweak this recipe as you wish and enjoy some classic tasting whiskey holiday balls from the Scenic City otherwise known as Chattanooga and Chattanooga Whiskey.
Kent's Chattanooga Whiskey Chocolate Bons
2 cups crushed vanilla wafer crumbs
2 cups finely chopped almonds (unsalted)
2 cup confectioners' sugar
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup Chattanooga Whiskey
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoons light corn syrup
Addition water as needed.
Melting Candy Chocolate.
- Thoroughly combine vanilla wafer crumbs, chopped almonds, confectioners' sugar, and the cocoa.
- In a separate bowl, blend the Chattanooga Whiskey, water and corn syrup.
- Stir this mixture into the dry mix and blend well.
- Cover and chill for two hours.
- Follow directions on chocolate coating. Melt in small to medium portions so you don't have to work too fast.
- Shape dough into small balls and dip or coat in the chocolate coating.
- Rest on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper and chill to set chocolate.