This salmon entree is easy to make and a delicious treat for family and friends.
- 1 c fat free sour cream
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 3 Tbsp scallions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillet with skin, cut in center
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- As needed, fat free cooking spray
- Whisk sour cream, dill, onion, mustard and lemon juice in small bowl to blend.
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Lightly oil baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on prepared sheet. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. Spread with the sauce.
- Bake salmon until just opaque in center, about 20 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings Serving size: 1 piece (4 oz)
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 7 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 76 mg
Sodium: 229 mg
Total fiber: less than 1 g
Protein: 27 g
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Potassium: 703 mg
SOURCE: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)