We really liked this Baked Salmon Dijon recipe from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) that we had to include it in the healthy recipe section.
This salmon entree is easy to make and a delicious treat for family and friends.
- 1 c fat free sour cream
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 3 Tbsp scallions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillet with skin, cut in center
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- As needed, fat free cooking spray
- Whisk sour cream, dill, onion, mustard and lemon juice in small bowl to blend.
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Lightly oil baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on prepared sheet. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. Spread with the sauce.
- Bake salmon until just opaque in center, about 20 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings Serving size: 1 piece (4 oz)
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 7 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 76 mg
Sodium: 229 mg
Total fiber: less than 1 g
Protein: 27 g
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Potassium: 703 mg
SOURCE: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)